Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Beauty of Breastfeeding~

So my girl is a year now as you know and yes I am still nursing. I knew the question was coming but I didn't know who or when. Well last night it came. My father in law asked me last night, "how long do you plan on nursing."
She was about 3 or 4 months in this pic.

I just love breastfeeding so much. I had some pain the first couple of days but once my milk came in it has been amazing ever since. (well a few biting inicidents but we pushed through) I had heard a lot of disapointing and negative things about it before I had Nonah but my mom and a few others were very encouraging. She nursed twins til 7 or 8 months. She was very posiive about it. I knew I was going to breastfeed no matter what. I didn't know how long I was going to nurse and when I first heard of people nursing to 2 or 3 years old I was totally unsure. I did not think I would nurse more than year but now that Im at the one year mark there is NO way I could just stop. Why should I...because its not the norm to go past a year? Like there is a magic number where it is inappropriate for our breasts to be used what they were meant for. I just have a totally different perspective on things now that I have had a baby. There are so many things that when I was young and "dumb" I said I would never do once I had kids but I am now doing them. You just really can't give an opinion on something if you have not experienced it yourself.

It is such a beautiful thing to look down and see your little one looking up at you, dosing off, or just at peace. In that moment you are physically as close as you can possibly be physically and mentally I believe. I love nurturing her every need. Its incredibly amazing and so beautiful. If you are a nuring mama you know exactly what I mean.

My baby girl loves it too and she gets happy and giddy when she sees them and calms down immediatly. She obviously is growing well and as healthy as can be so we will continue doing things the way we're doing them.

So because of all the benefits, the convenience, and the amazing joy and happiness that come from it my Noni will nurse until she is ready to be done.
Taking a break.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Mama! There is no awesomer (is that a word?) experienced than nursing...yep, wait until you are both ready to stop! Enjoy it!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete