Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Parenting Philosophy


Not really a philosophy, just something I was thinking about today. I heard a statistic a while ago about how much time moms spend playing with their child in a day. Actually sitting down and playing. I don’t remember what it was exactly but something like 30 min or so. In a 24 hour time span that’s not much.

I was in the kitchen a lot today making cookies, stuffed shells, and lentil burgers. Phew…but its hard to do stuff any more with Nonah getting older. She literally follows me around and then pushes on my legs until I stop what Im doing and either pick her up or give her something to do. Its so cute but it can be quite annoying.

Most parents would let them cry or put them in the other room til they were done or maybe put them down for a nap but today I decided to sit down and talk to her a few minutes. So I sat on the kitchen floor and talked to her for a little, hugged her, made her giggle and the next thing I know she’s off to the living room back to her on adventure. Now Im not saying every time she comes to me I stop what Im doing and play with her but every now and then its what we both need in order to get through our day without going insane. What’s it matter if you don’t get every thing on your to do list done? Quality time with your little peanut is so much more important. This time will pass and probably before ya know it. So Im gonna savor my moments on the kitchen floor or in the back yard or wherever and spend as much time as I can with her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment