Sunday, August 15, 2010

Simplify your perspective!

There seems to be a theme in my life right now…Simplify. I have always been a simple chic I think but here of late its just been on my heart to live even more simple. I was encouraged by other bloggers and their way of living to down size and get rid of stuff that isn’t necessary and since then I feel like there are signs every where telling me to simplify.

Simplifying my home and the way I dress is one thing but also simplifying the way I think, act, and am. Just overall being simple. Ive been reading a book by Hiedi Baker (an amazing woman of God who does mission work in Africa) and all she talks about is how simple it is to do what she does because she is always walking in Gods presence. And when you are in His presence all you can do is love. “He reduced me to the simplicity of love” is what she says and that is where I want to be. Walking with Him in the simplicity of love. Im still exploring what all that means for me in my life but I’ve been so encouraged to seek Him these days. He is what gets me through. She also talks about her ministry and that to simply comfort someone is to be in ministry. To love someone is showing them Jesus. All these things are simple things but so important for the kingdom. This is how I want to live my life, doing simple things for the kingdom. Looking at everyday as an opportunity to love, minister, comfort and do BIG things. It doesn’t matter how big our house is or what brand our clothing is or how much money we have in our bank account if we do not have love!

I don’t know if I explain it very well but this is what God is doing in me. He’s changing me, opening my eyes, and encouraging me in the area of love. His love is so Big and never ending and there is so much to discover about it so I encourage you to ask Him to teach you more about His love. And show someone His love today and tomorrow and everyday. Its simple!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment