Friday, July 2, 2010

My Story


I am a wife to a wonderful loving husband who is my rock and my world. We have been married 5 years. (ahh, can’t believe it) We both grew up in christian homes and knew what Christianity was all about and in our teen years we did some experimenting and turned away for a while. But by Gods grace He drew us back to Him at the same time. We found each other through family friends and started out slow. For Peter it was pretty much love at first sight but not for me. I thought he was cute but kind of a dork. It was totally Gods doing because within about 5 months I fell in love. Peter proposed to me out of nowhere a year after we started dating and we got married 10 months later. Since then we have been seeking God together, learning, growing, loving and living life.

I am a mother to a little girl who is the light of my life and joy to my heart. Nonah Mae is 10 months old and growing so fast. We knew when we first got married that we wanted to wait to have kids in order to have time to ourselves but originally we thought 5 years but it quickly turned into 3. At right around the 3 year mark we were ready. We were beyond excited for this little one to join our family and decided to have a homebirth. The pregnancy was fairly easy but long. I will be posting Nonah’s birth story soon.

I am now a homemaker. I love it and hate it at the same time. Like any job I guess. I’m a people person so I love to be out and about and interacting with people so this change has been a huge adjustment for me. I want to be home to raise my kids without a doubt but I do miss working. I have worked as a shampoo girl, waitress, secretary, barista, and supervisor @ star bucks and this job is by far the most challenging, most fun and most rewarding job of them all. I’ve been trying to be creative and productive with my time but lets just say I have my good days and my bad days.

I am a homebirth, breatfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, non vaccinating, babywearing, natural minded kind of mama. That’s a lot of different titles but I list them so you can get an idea of where I’m coming from. My husband and I have chosen this way of bringing our baby/babies into the world not to fit under these titles but because it is what feels right to us. It works, it makes sense, it fits our personality and lifestyle and it works. I am learning that more and more that parenting is not about what the “experts” say it’s about what works for you and your family. I love learning how to be a parent with Peter. It’s been so amazing!

I am simple. I guess it has a lot to do with the way I was raised but I have realized that I really am a simple person. I am simple minded. I don’t want a big huge explanation, the less words the better. I do not talk just for the sake of talking. I am simple in the way I dress. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to get ready for any given event or less. I usually don’t wear make-up. I love the messy curly hair look. I don’t wear heels. I shop at thrift stores, love hand-me-downs, and one of a kind yard sale finds. I do love my jewelry but only own one diamond (my engagement ring). Although my husband is always ready before me I am not even close to high maintenance. I am simple.

I am definitely a country girl but I love to visit the city. The excitement and hussle bussle is good for a short time but then I need the country.
It’s like that one country song “you can take the girl out of the country but you can’t take country out of the girl.” It’s so true. Some thing deep inside me fills with happiness when I sit at a campfire with family, or have a cookout, or hear a certain country song. I used to not like the fact that we lived in the boonies but now I totally appreciate where and how I was raised.

I am creative in my own way. I am considered the weird one in the family. I am genuine, friendly, compassionate, easily confused. I am in love with coffee, daisies and sunflowers, good chocolate, good food (tasting and for you), the color brown, the beach, the sunshine, summer, cafes, boutiques, paisleys, patchouli, dreads, Jesus, Africa, flip-flops, jewelry, flea markets, all kinds of music, linen anything, my husband, my baby girl, and my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment