Sunday, November 28, 2010

BFF

So my bff from high school moved to New York to go to college once we graduated and hasn’t been back since except for holidays. She is now living in DC and doesn’t think she’ll ever move back here. Good for her I say, but I miss her. The cool thing is that we can pick up where we left off and chat for hours when we see each other. I forget sometimes by not being with her for such long periods of time why we were best friends but am reminded very quickly after bonding over a cup of coffee at our fave café and talking about our boys, clothes, life, work, our moms, etc. It was so fun to be with her again. To be with someone who knows how I used to be and can see how I am now, how I have grown and changed and won’t judge me but loves me for who I am. The journey of life has taken us down different paths completely but that’s okay we can still be friends. I cherish our moments together.

I remember how we used to finish each others sentences, when shopping we’d pick the same piece of clothing without even knowing it. We used to say that we’ll be best friends forever, move to New York city, our kids would be best friends, and that when we are old ladies we’d live right next to each other. Although I don’t know if any of that will happen I do hope we are still friends when we are old ladies!!

You know you have a true friend when after being graduated from high school for 7 years now we are still in touch and make an effort to see each other. I don’t talk to anyone else from high school except for my bff. Love you Andi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment