Saturday, October 30, 2010

LiFe

Man its been a long time. I have not been writing much these days.
Noni has not been going down too easily at night and then once she is I’m too sleepy to write and just want to veg. Also there is a lot going on spiritually and physically right now. Peter and I are at a weird place right now. We feel so ready for a change but also okay with staying where we are at. It has a lot to do with finances but some to do with the dreams we have. Dreams for our lives that we want to be fulfilled now but may not be able to happen for many many years. So we are kind of at a stand still right now. We are waiting patiently for God to show us what the next move is. We truly are okay with both possibilities. Now maybe He has a whole other idea we are aware of but that’s okay we are flexible.

Mission work is something that is still in the back of my mind. I would love to minister to kids. Or women. But I also have these other ideas of becoming a childbirth educator or getting into photography. There are so many possibilities in this crunchy, homebirth, natural-living, community that I have found. And because I have found them and these ideas keep popping into my head not going away and the fact that I finally found something that interests me makes me feel like its possibly part of Gods plan for me. I am praying about it and again waiting for God to give me the go ahead.

We are also looking for a church. I am so ready to find a place to just settle in. Get cozy and comfy, soak and receive. I feel like we are going to be doing ministry at some point in our life (hopefully soon) so we might as well get filled up as much as possible now. I want to learn more about God and receive more and find a place where people are truly excited for God! We will be checking one out this Sunday that seems exactly what we are looking for but I don’t want to get my hopes up too soon. We’ll see.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for waiting! Story of our life the past 5 years. And you know what we're realizing? Ministry IS life. You are ministering in a powerful way, really! By loving on your little girl, by being a friend, In creating things. By asking questions and seeking creative answers. You ARE ministering. I know what you mean, that you feel like you have a GREATER calling to some thing specific. But I think that's one of the things that is used to distract us. We keep looking foreward to when the "big change" comes (and some times GOd does things that way, some times you wake up and suddenly you KNOW you're in a new season)...But He works so much before the "switch flips". He is using you so much and I think some times these "waiting" seasons are used MORE. You've been a blessing to me K. And I can see the ways He's using you in the "crunchy" community. I think it's awesome that He's calling "thinking" Christians into these communities. Some one to shine REAL light and strip off the the [Christian] steotype that so many mindlessly wear.
    I think we've been fooled by the Christian community to think that God lays out this giant blue print plan when you go into ministry. It really is rare that He says "I want you to do this______ and then ____________ and then __________ and I'll do this, this and this through you." He takes it one little (seemingly innocuous) step of obedience at a time. And by slowly turning our hearts and spirits towards Him.

    This is getting long, just want to encourage you...That even when it feels like you could do so many things, you ARE right smack dab in the middle of a big story...You'll look back and be amazed. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete