Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Soaking"

No I don't mean soaking in the bath tub. The soaking I am talking about is soaking in Gods precense. God is so good, so amazing, and so powerful. There are a few encounters in the Bible (moses is one) where God appears but has to be covered by something or hidden behind something because there very sight of Him with our human eyes would kill us. Thats how powerful His precense is. So why not have a taste of that here on earth.

Soaking is something I learned a few years back on my journey to get closer to God. Peter and I both wanted to get to know Him more and experince Him as the real God that He is. Soaking is simply doing what scripture says in Psalm 46;10, "Be still and know that I am God." Thats hard for a lot of us to do these days. Sit down and not watch TV, not read, not talk on phone or do anything but know that God is God. I struggled with it for a while. I ccouldn't settle and just BE. Im the person who has to be doing something while watching TV.

Anyway. What we were taught to do in order to soak and get your mind focused on God is turn some music on. Preferably worship music but some listen to other stuff. At the school of ministry we went to we soaked to christian techno music. That was interesting. You can soak to whatever you want but the idea is for it to get you to focus on God. I like to listen to mellow, worshipful, sometimes words sometimes not, christian music. There are actaul soaking CDs out there which are really great.
Some people like to get focused initially by reading some scripture first or journaling or keeping paper near by so they can jot down there list of things to do and get it off their mind. So thats pretty much all you do. God does the rest. Sometimes you may have a big revelation come in this time of soaking, hear answers to prayers, or have a vision, and other times you just simply feel peace. So much amazing wonderful peace, about anything and everything. Thats my biggest prayer and desire to feel Gods unexplainable peace. So I try and soak once a week but it doesn't always happen. I wish I could do it every day! So give it a try. Turn some music on and spend some time with Daddy God!! Be Blessed!

Here is some artists on my "Soaking" Playlist.
Ruth Fazal

Jason Upton

Alberto and Kimberly Rivera

John Mark McMillan

Lifehouse- just this one song not all there stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment