Friday, July 23, 2010

Place of peace!

Peace. Its something I strive for everyday and sometimes achieve and sometimes just can't find. I don't know why it doesn't stay forever and ever. Well I guess I sort of know why but its too deep for me to explain. My head hurts if I think about things too deeply. You know what I mean? If I over analyze something for too long my brain just gets exhausted.

Anyway. I find my peace when I am in Gods precense. When I allow my heart and soul to draw close to Him. When I speak to Him and connect. When I let go of all the things of this world that bring me down and disgust me and just allow myself to focus on Him. When I do that then He does His "magic" for lack of a better word.

I love the way He makes me feel. He strips away all the pain and sadness. Its not that it totally disapears but I can look at it objectively and know that its all okay. He has it under control. He takes the blinders off my eyes and off my heart. He makes me see things differently. He helps me to love where I didn't originally love. He shows me a little glimpse of what He's doing and it makes me feel better for a while. When Im in His precense I feel like I have such an understanding of everything. Like I am not confused about anything, but when I am without His precense I am always confused about something.

When I am in His precense I am able to enjoy everything in a new way. All the simple beautiful things in this world become so important and special to me. Things like housework, parenthood, His creation, flowers, the beach, grass, walking outside, rain, chores, all of it is such a joy to be able to do and experience. But when out of His precense I wonder what is the purpose of all of it? Why should I? What does it matter?

This roller coaster of peace to confusion is something I go through daily but am working on staying a little more steady. I try to draw close to Him every morning before I start anything else. Well I get my coffee of course, He understands, but then I sit and talk to Him and read and just soak Him up. It really has been doing my soul good. I love His precense and I love Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment