Thursday, June 7, 2012

"The Vow"

Probably everyone has seen the movie "The Vow" by now. It came out back in February for Valentines day. I am a big sucker for chick flick, love stories, the sappier the better. I guess its the girly girl in me but I always have been drawn to those kinds of movies. So when I saw previews for it I knew I wanted to see it. It looked soo cute. But due to the fact that I have two little girlies we did not go to the theater to see it, I had to wait for it to come out on DVD. I love Red Box, by the way. Peter surprised me last weekend and brought home "The Vow" (he knew I wanted to see it) and he actually watched it with me. We put the kids to bed and watched the movie together. This is so rare that we actually watch something together anymore and by ourselves. It was so nice.

I'm not going to tell you all about the movie if you didn't see it, I don't want to ruin it for you. But the jist of it is that they fall in love and get married and then they are in a car accident and she looses her memory and he has to get her to fall in love with him all over again. It is really sad but really beautiful all at the same time. Thier relationship before the accident is so sweet and then afterwards he is willing to start new. I want to say more but I don't want to ruin it. It is based on true events and they show the couple at the end of the movie.

So I am rambling on about this movie because it brought both Peter and I to tears at the end. It just reminded us of our relationship and how things used to be before we got married. We were madly in love and nothing else mattered. I am still in love with my husband don't get me wrong but our relationship has evolved. After 6 years of marriage, two kids, and the craziness of every day life you kind of get distracted. We have been through some ups and downs and some distractions but this movie just reminded us where we came from. Not in a way that made us wish we could go back but in a way that made us happy and reminded us of why we fell in love in the first place. How we fell in love, how we used to go on dates every weekend and do sweet little things for eachother. Peter used to be so romantic. Yes I say used to be, he still can be if he really tries but it doesn't happen often. And thats ok. I love where we have come and that we don't need all those little things inorder to know that we love eachother. (not saying that romantic jestures are not welcome, just not neccessary)

I forget that I am living the dream. This was part of our dream. After we got married we wanted to some day have kids together. We are living the dream!! Raising kids gets hard and crazy and tiring and sometimes I just forget that this was our dream. I am living the dream and I am doing it with my best friend!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband! I am so in love with him!

I definitly recommend seeing "The Vow" if you haven't already. Its sad but beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment