Monday, June 6, 2011

Still Adjusting

Petey and I are still adjusting to parenthood. We are trying to figure out how to stay close and connected in the admidst of everyday life with a toddler. Noni is almost two and we still are not fully adjusted. I guess thats normal. Does anyone ever fully adjust? I don't know. Or maybe we are always adjusting to the different stages of life.

See before our sweet Noni came along Peter and I both worked but we had every single night together. We usually didn't do things apart from eachother. Atleast not too often. We also did not have cable or internet. SOOO... we would just hang out together. Watch movies, play games, go for walks, cook really yummy meals together, take showers together(I dont even remember the last time that happened), massages, ya know. Sorry is this too much detail. You get the idea. We did everything together. On weekends we usually went out to eat atleast once and had some sort of a date. Now we can't afford to go out once a week and a date? Whats that? Im just now getting to the point where I feel comfortable leaving Noni with a sitter but not for real long.

Now once we do have time together its late after Noni goes to bed and we are both exhausted and ready for bed. Or we dont know what to do. It feels like we have nothing in common any more. Peter doesn't like playing games, walks on our street are kind of boring, shopping with him is like torcher any more and we can't do much else with Noni. I am a people person and Peter is a home-body so thats an issue right there. I don't like being at home for long periods of time and he works everyday so when he can, he wants to be at home. ~sigh~

I just don't know what to do anymore. We have discussed the issue numerous times and haven't come to a solution. I try not to always compare present life to what it used to be because lets face it it will never be the same again. We need to adjust. I just dont know how. So here I am venting to you mamas hoping to find if not some advice maybe just simply some understanding. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment