Sunday, June 26, 2011

L-I-F-E

Ahhhh. There is nothing like sitting in our new beautiful sunroom or I mean living room with all the windows open on a cool summer morning drinking my coffee. I love summer and the heat but I do like when it cools off at night and is a little cooler in the morning. Our summer has been pretty good so far. We are staying busy, having fun and creating lots of memories. On top of that we are dealing with a very strong willed almost 2 year old who wants to be independent yet needs her mama 90% of the time or look out. I am 23 weeks pregnant and doing well but still dealing with being tired most of the time, hormonal outbursts/meltdowns whatever ya want to call them, and trying to find a healthy balance of me time, me and Petey time, and family time. With all that there isn’t too much time to blog, which I miss.
Blogging is good for me. It helps me process, deal, and heal. So I have missed it. I want to make time to write. It helps feed the creative side of me that only gets fed here and there these days due to lack of time, energy and concentration. Anyway.

Im just thinking about this past week and how it was really really challenging. Noni had a fever off and on in the beginning of the week and then we both started with a cold. Stuffy nose, soar throat and deep raspy coughing. And as we all know sick kids are NO fun. They are not themselves, they are whiney, cranky, extra sensitive, extra picky, extra tired but usually can’t sleep, and well just over all very hard to deal with. There is only so much you can do to help them and then you have to just let it pass, wait it out and be grumpy with them. Sigh. (well u don’t have to be but that’s usually what happens for me) So that was our week. Challenging, tiring, and pretty cranky. But with Gods help we are finding joy in the midst of our weekend. (still sick but getting better) We are resting and playing and finding peace in HIM. God is so good and comforts me every day. He is why I can do this mama job. He is the only way I get through these crazy hectic days with any sanity or peace.
Im challenging myself this week to stay close to Him. To not let the distractions and many frustrations get me down and loose focus of the bigger picture of L-I-F-E!! I challenge you to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment