Thursday, March 24, 2011

Out-of-sync

The whole point of Attachment Parenting is to be attached to your child. To be in tune, and in sync with them. You can read each other, I meet her needs and shes happy. Well here of late we have been out of sync. I have been getting so frustrated with her and therefore she gets frustrated with me.

I want to blame it on her age. She is 19 months right now and becoming very independent yet 100% mamas girl. She wants to do things on her own like eat, get dressed, undressed, help me clean and all sorts of things yet she can't really do some of them. Its hard to watch her struggle when I know she just needs a little help and then can do it.

I also want to blame it on me. The hormones are going wild right now with being pregnant. I am tired all the time, cranky most of the time, feeling much more needy myself and just NEED a BREAK!! She is still nursing which is ok but getting irratating too. (well just stop you say, I dont really want to, I just want it to lessen) We are working on night weaning which is taking away from my sleep and hers so we don't wake up well rested. Shes also been sleeping in her own bed in her own room which is good I guess but I feel like its a little rushed. I am feeling pressure from family and my husband to get her out of our bed and I don't really want to. Yes I want her to sleep better and longer but I want to be with her still.

I also feel pressure, when I'm with certain people, to discipline her more. At home I deal with situations the way I want to and we move on its no big deal. But in front of other people I feel like I need to be more on top of it and correct her more and things I normally would think of as no big deal I feel like I should correct. My mom is one who calls her naughty quite often and it puts me in a tough spot. Because I wonder is Noni purposely doing this, does she know what she is doing or is she just being a typical 19 month old. Its hard to know because she really understands a lot, more than I think. So the pressure I feel to have a perfect kid or Im going to be considered a bad parent really messes with me after a while. I start to parent different and I have to stop and get things back in perspective and back on track.

I hope Im making sense. I just really needed to unload here and get this out. We are going through a time of struggle and lots of changes and it kind of sucks. BUT it will all work out I know. I have to continue to love on her the best way I know how and the rest is in Gods hands.
I am praying for peace and unity for me and my family!!

This is a great article to learn more about Attachment Parenting.
And this article "Strive for Balance in Your Personal and Family Life" was really encouraging! All we can do is try.

No comments:

Post a Comment