Monday, March 14, 2011

5 Love Languages

Don't know if any of you have heard of the five love languages. Love languages are the things other people do that make you feel loved and then the things you do to others to make them feel loved. They are words of affirmation, quality time, recieving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. So for an example if your love language is quality time and your spouse buys you gifts instead of planning dates you might not being feeling fully loved. This is where knowing your own love language and your spouses love language can really be helpful. It also can be helpful in other relationships not just with a significant other.

I have two love languages. Quality time is my number one but physical touch is really close behind. And Peter is physical touch with quality time right behind. So we balance each other out pretty well. If two people have opposite love languages it could make their relationship a challenge.

I have been struggling lately feeling unloved by some of my friends because they don't call me. I'm always the one calling them setting up times to get together and I think it's because my love language is quality time. I need that face to face time to feel connected to someone. Or atleast having a real conversation with them on the phone. Not sure what to do about this but its something I've been praying about.

So here is some more information on the five love languages, the book and who came up with them.
And heres the test to find out what your love language is.

No comments:

Post a Comment