Thursday, January 6, 2011

*Dreads*

Im feeling lots of things on this first week of 2011. I feel so completely blessed with everything I could ever want. Im feeling a lot more deeper personal things too that I am processing and will hopefully share here soon. But on a lighter note. An update on my dreads!

Its been 5 months now. My dreads are felting up very well. There are still little things that drive me nuts about them but Im still in love with them. Its so easy to take care of which a lot of people don’t realize, they think it would be hard to maintain. Or they think we don't do anything to them. Sometimes I forget that I have them and that they aren’t normal. They are just part of me now. I do have my moments of frustration and self consciousness. It comes and gos usually pretty quickly. Peter is my biggest support. He loves and makes me love them even more. He reminds me how cool they are and that its okay if they are sticking out kind of crazy because there’s nothing I can do about it.

I am collecting hair scarves and headbands since I still don’t feel comfortable wearing them down with nothing in them. I have plans to die a few (or all I don’t know yet) and maybe put in some fun threads. We’ll see. So many options! Noni tries to comb them and often touches and plays with them.



Peter just rolled them for me, thats the only time I like them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment