Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Venting...

to some understanding mamas! I wrote at a few different times and kept deleting and loosing my train of thought and purpose of the post so I decided to post it anyway. If it doesn't make sense, sorry. I feel better at night if I complain/vent about the day even if its to no one. But venting to mamas who understand is the best!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Noni is teething, teething teething. I guess that’s what it is anyway. For the past two weeks or more she has been sleeping horribly. Waking up a lot, crying when she wakes, kicking her arms and legs. And nursing more than 20 times a day. She usually can go a while without nursing especially when we are out in public. Now I’m surprised when we make it 2 hours. Then she can’t just nurse calmly and gently she has to play and switch sides and put her foot in my face, etc.
BUT I am dealing. She is going through a lot right now and she will be through it eventually. Just when you have somewhat of a routine it gets all mixed up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenting is so hard. It totally rocks your world. You have to give all of yourself and then some. Taking care of a little one who relies on you for everything is so challenging and exhausting. I just want some peace and quiet, a couple hours of “ME” time. There is a long list of things that I am sick of about parenting and that frustrates me, but there is so much more that I love about it.
Nonah is an amazing little girl. She has taught me so much. I love being her mom. When I am away from her I miss her so much.

Reading things like this is what gets me through!!Remembering how important my job is right now. I love it!!
So peace to you mamas!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate. You know it.

    As for the fiddling when nursing *IF* it bothers you and you're not trying to get her to sleep, hold her still and tell her to stop, be still. If she gets upset unlatch her and set her down, remind her to "nurse nicely" and let her try again...wash, rinse, repeat. If it's no biggie to you obviously there is nothing WRONG with her behavior. That was just a suggestion I read in Mothering You Nursing Toddler. *I* cannot stand crazy nursing antics, it makes me feel more touched out, hurts and is honestly a bit of a trigger for me... I introduced a lovey for R to keep her hands busy...And A loves her hair and generally is fine with a warning of "calm down".

    I hope things het easier for us both soon...I'm looking forward to 2...

    ReplyDelete