Wednesday, August 10, 2016

6 year Dreadies!

 My dreadies are 6 years old now!
Can't believe it. I remember the day I was going 
to get them done. 
I was a little nervous but so ready. 
I had come to the realization that 
"its just hair" "if it isn't working then I'll 
just get rid of them" and "ya only live once."
My midwife and a friend did them for me. 
Starting them did not take long but
getting them to the point where
I actually liked the way they looked
to quite a while. 
Probably 2 years. That's the thing with dreads 
you have to be patient. They have a mind of their own.
I absolutley love them now. They 
are getting quite long but it 
doesn't bother me. 
Ok so the top 5 questions I get asked.

Do you wash them?-YES, just not every day
 Is that your real hair?-YES
Are they heavy?-Only when wet
How long does it take to get your hair like that?-a while
Do you have to cut them off when you are done with them?-YUP

Another question is how long am I going to keep 
them for. And the answer to that is 
I have no idea. 
No plans to cut them any time soon. 
Here are a few pics from the journey.
The day I was going to get dreads!!

Day 1

 2 year old dreadies

4 year old dreadies

 6 year dreadies! Wohoo!
I always wanted hair down to my butt and could never
let it grow that long. Now I have dreadies
that are almost there. 

And now my hubby has dreadies!!
His are about 7 months old! Ain't he cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment