Friday, December 2, 2011

we found a church

Yup we did. We had been looking around at many local churches after our house church ended and we weren't having much luck. We actually got really discouraged and took a break from church for the summer. It was hard going back to church after attending a house church for 5 years. We kept comparing each church to the house church which really isn't a valid comparison. Church today is nothing like what our house church was. I'm not saying our house church was perfect and I'm not here to preach about church and what it should be, I'm just saying they are different.

Anyway. I don't know what it was that made us go (well God I guess) but we decided in September to go check out Morning Star, an Assembly of God church. It truly was an answer to prayer because until then Peter did not want to go anywhere. The timing was perfect. We enjoyed the service and although it is missing the freedom we desire it has been good for us. Even though it is a mega church we have been noticed as newbys and have already connected with people. We have attended a small group and I go to the moms group when I can.

Noni was going in the nursery and loving it but since baby Evey has come she hasn't wanted to go in, so we will see what happens there. I don't know how long we will be there but for now it is good!! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment