Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mama needs a break!!

So I just need to vent here a little. I am tired. I need a break from mommying. I feel horrible saying that but I just need a break. A little one. I just need some time where I can think clear thoughts and process them. Where I can not be touced by anyone and have peace and quiet. Pretty much every day I need a little break even though I don't always get it.

Parenting is really tough. And being a stay at home mom is even tougher. You mamas reading this are probably shaking your heads in agreement or tearing up or just sighing. It really is the hardest job I have ever had. And the best. I love being a mom I really do but it is so challenging. It brings out things in me that I don't like. It makes me realize how selfish I am and pushes me to be a better person. Knowing that I am shaping who these little beings will become is really stressing me out these days. I know they are in Gods hands and I give them to Him every day but it still is a bit overwhelming. Some days I want to give up and other days I feel strong and able.

Thats why I take breaks. I take some time to my self and get refreshed. Sometimes that means writing a blog post, or having a glass of wine in peace and quiet, or taking a bath, or going to a coffee shop but it pretty much ALWAYS involves praying. I could not do this job with out my source of strength and peace. My saviour, my friend, my everything. Daddy God. I call on Him to fill me up with His love everyday and help me to be the mom he wants me to be. I couldn't do it without Him.

I am so blessed to have two beautiful girls and a wonderful husband but sometimes MAMA NEEDS A BREAK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment