Friday, February 4, 2011

LLL

I love La Leche League. It has been such a huge support system for me in this parenting journey. Even if I don't get an "answer" for my questions just talking about it with moms who are going throught the same thing is so so helpful. In my early days of parenting I needed that reassurance that I was doing a good job! and thats what LLL told me every time.

If you are not sure what LLL is, it is a worldwide organization started by a group of mamas that wanted to support other mamas mainly in breastfeeding. There are monthly meetings held with different topics in all different areas.
"Our Mission is to help mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and mother."
My midwife suggested I go check it out and I originally wasn't going to go. I went the week before I was due and have only missed 2 or 3 meetings since then. Having the one on one support is so helpful. I have made some good friends at my group and we try and have regular playdates. I have only positive things to say about LLL.

So find a group near you. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment